The 1-2-3’s of Going Green in 2015
Can you believe it? Earth Day 2015 will mark its 45th anniversary on April 22. So, with that momentous day drawing near, it’s only natural that we might want to think of ways that we can become more eco-friendly and environmentally conscious. But, it’s not easy being green — or is it?
TRI Pointe Homes has all the tips and information you will need to make becoming energy efficient as easy as 1-2-3!
- One way that you can jump on the energy-efficient bandwagon is to become a responsible recycler. Aluminum cans, water bottles and many food cartons and containers can be gathered each day and stored away for weekly turn-in at your local recycling station. Doing so keeps the planet – and your wallet – green.
- TRI Pointe Homes has already done its part by supplying its homes with energy-efficient lighting and appliances, but you can join the effort by limiting your power usage throughout the day. Save your appliance use – washers, dryers and dishwashers – for use after peak hours at around 7 p.m.
- Low-flow plumbing fixtures that are found in TRI Pointe Homes go a long way toward saving water, but you can add to those efforts by monitoring your water usage and incorporating water-wise plants and shrubs in your outdoor landscaping plans.
- Speaking of beautiful greenery, you can do your part to add plentiful oxygen to the earth by planting a garden. A small one will do the job of keeping life thriving and your pantry expanding with healthy food options.
- TRI Pointe Homes’ energy-saving insulation allows your family keep cool during those miserable hot summer days and you can help along the process by cooling your home with the use of low-e dual windows, protective sheers and curtains and strategically planted shade trees.
What are you currently doing to go green? Please share your ideas with us in the comments section below.