Winterize Your Home
For a Home-Healthy Season
It’s also the perfect time to welcome winter by winterizing your home. Not so much winter in California, you say? Actually, there are many things you can do to not only prepare for those cool winter evenings, but also make for a healthy home all year long:
• Clear the air throughout your home by vacuuming air ducts and changing out air filters.
• Replace the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms.
• Reverse the direction of your ceiling fans so that they run at a low speed in a clockwise direction. That way warm air from the ceiling will be directed downward to you.
• Prune your roses, pulling off dead flowers for a fuller, more beautiful rose bush come springtime. Tidying up this way makes room for all the beauty to come.
• Clear out rain gutters. By keeping the drainage free of leave and debris, you minimize any possible excess water damage to your roof.
By taking care of these simple housekeeping task now, you ensure a happy, healthy home in the spring.